Sunday, December 7, 2008

Like a NKOTB

...Hangin' Tough, that is. Oh yeah, I went there.

So, I'm still running. I'm trying to reflect back on the week. That seems like a long time ago, but now that I think back on it, Tuesday's run was worthless. Literally. I had some very uncomfortable tightness in my anterior tibialis and didn't make it for more than two miles. No biggie. (I'm doing my best to not just say that, but to really mean it). Thursday was better. Ran 4 1/4 on the treddy and didn't hate every single step. Saturday I made it out to Tinicum and did the figure eight loops. The mud on the Interesting Part of the trail slowed me down a bit, but I was totally fine with that... one, it gave me an excuse to be slow and two, I took a minute after emerging onto the connector trail to find a stick and rediscover the tread on my shoes. The remainder of the run was nice. I made a conscious effort to try to be in the moment and enjoy the scenery, the fresh air, and the exercise. Too often I find myself wishing my runs away... just waiting for them to end. That's no way to be.

Still a long way from where I was and where I want to be, but at least I'm hanging tough.

2 comments:

CakeStar said...

Love the nod to the NKOTB, very creative. Have you checked out Silas lately? Still really cute...

Maggie Mae said...

Guess you just got "The Right Stuff". Just take it "Step by Step"...(should I stop now, or can I keep going?)