Sunday, November 30, 2008

Uninspired

That's basically how I've been feeling about my blogging and, to a lesser extent, my running. But I'm going to try to stick with it (blogging and running) and see what happens.

Did the Art Museum loop yesterday all by my lonesome... ran it last weekend with Stacey and it was much more fun. The run itself was okay - weather was good and I felt decent. My splits were okay (9:07, 9:05; 8:53, 8:53; 8:40; 8:44; 8:46; 8:46). I don't want to be a speed whore, but it's hard not to be, especially with the company I keep. I don't know that I'll ever regain the speed I had a year ago and, really, I'm not sure how much I care about it. Of course I care, but not to the point where I'm willing to put in the work necessary to get there.

I think the hardest part for me right now is that I'm a lonely runner. I am fine running by myself during the week, but I miss having someone to chat to and commiserate with during those long runs.

So, that's where I am for now. Still running, but with less enthusiasm than I'd like. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

CakeStar said...

One day I will be back. I promise. You just have to give me a little time to build back up. I'm getting the itch... We have to explore Valley Green together!

Maggie Mae said...

hang in there. maybe just need a break--from both blogging AND running! Hang the sneakers and the keyboard up for a week--and stick to that. Sometimes that's all it takes, is a self-perscribed hiatus.