Sunday, November 9, 2008

Untitled

I'm having trouble getting this entry started. Not sure where I want to begin or end and I only have a vague sense of what I want to say in between. My body is tired from running the Tinicum figure eight a few hours ago.

My runs earlier in the week were very rushed... Wednesday's run was through the dark and rainy streets of West Philly. A much needed stress reliever run... one where I just wanted to keep going, but I had things to do and was a bit worried about slipping on wet leaves or tripping over some uneven pavement, so I cut it short. And I couldn't find my watch. My best guess was that I ran somewhere around three and a half miles.

Friday was, again, a beat the clock run. I had hopes of running at Ridley Creek State Park as I made my way home, but I soon realized that I didn't have nearly enough daylight minutes left, so I opted for East Goshen Township Park, which is about a half mile down the road from where I work. There is a paved loop around the west side of the park that is about a mile long. I was glad to have my iPod, as four loops around that thing was not the most exciting run ever. But, hey, at least I got some sort of run in.

This morning, I had designs on the Art Museum, but given that I was in West Philly and my running shoes were in Prospect Park, I ended up running Tinicum again... and, really, I was happy to be there. It was nice too, not to be constrained by waning daylight or anything else pressing upon me (except for the usual Sunday chores).

I'm getting better at being nice to myself when I run. I am doing a better job of just letting myself relax and not worry about speed. I run. I push it sometimes. I take it easy other times. I walk if I want to and I don't worry about it. My only goal for today was to do the figure eight loop and to run for at least eighty minutes. Done. My body is tired, but in a good way.... and with so few remaining glorious autumn mornings, I am glad I got out there.

No comments: