Friday, April 20, 2007

Bad decision

Yesterday I delayed my workout until the afternoon... or, should I say, early evening. That was partly due to the fact that Steve, Kevin, and I were out late at the Rodrigo y Gabriel concert Wednesday night and also that I wanted to stay in bed a little while longer this morning. So I packed my stuff for running and headed to work. I wasn't sure if I was going to run down on the drives or if I'd go to the gym. The weather continued to be on and off crappy - with rain coming down steadily at regular intervals. As I left work, the rain was coming down and I decided to hit the gym... I think I'm still traumatized from my Soggy Sunday run. Nothing much to report on this run -- it was a hamster wheel workout. I did change it up a little in that I varied when and how long I did the inclines... ooohhh... really walking (or runnin') on the wild side, I know. But I also ran a bit faster than I usually do and felt pretty good about it. Unfortunately, it wasn't until about mile 5.5 that I realized I should be paying better attention to what I'm doing since I now have a blog to update. Hmm. Oh well. Overall, I think I ran just over 6 miles (6.1) in about 54 minutes. If that's right, then its under a nine minute pace, which for me, is pretty darn good. I'll take it. Clean Air 5k is this Saturday with Justin. I'll run a few more miles after that and then the real tapering begins for Allentown!!! Oh yeah... so the reason for the title of the post... no big deal, really, but when I came out of the gym, the weather was perfect, cool but not cold, no rain and no real wind... so I guess I should have run outside.

No comments: