Sunday, January 30, 2011

Do you know what's worse than 7 miles on a treadmill?

No... really.... do you know of anything that's worse than that? Because let me tell you.. it's pretty brutal. The only thing that made it somewhat bearable was the eye-candy on the treadmill to my right (that'd be my husband, thank you very much).

I really, really wanted to run outside today, but there were several impeding factors. The first was the dang snow. Philly Runners message board indicated that The Drives are still not in great condition and I'm haunted by visions of a woman I saw about a month or so ago, making her way around the icy drives with two bloody, banged-up knees. A cautionary tale. Secondly, I'm still on blister patrol. Thankfully and finally, the huge blister on the inside of my big toe subsided (or popped, I'm not sure which) sometime last night, but I'm still worried about aggravating it too much. So I was worried about heading out for an 8.5 mile loop with the possibility that I'd be plagued by blister woes again. So, another treadmill run it was.

I didn't feel like losing my parking space and heading out to the gym, so I joined Seebo and trekked down to the USP gym. We jogged (pronounced YAWG-ed.... the 'j' is silent) the half mile there. Just a tease of running outside; enough to make me loathe the treddy all the more. It also helped that I had some new music on the Precious, courtesy of Seebo as well.

Now I'm tired. I ate a big, salty lunch... so now I'm thirsty and tired.

I just took some pictures of my left foot. Wanna see? Warning..... it's gross. Nah... I'm not going to post them. If you really want to see them, then you can leave a note in the comment section (and then I really wonder about what kind of person you are).

1 comment:

Mohi said...

where did you go ? write regularly here . i just discovered this. liked the sense of humour.