Sunday, January 9, 2011

le sang - part deux

I don't know what it is about blood blisters that inspire me to blog... but here I am again... with another blood blister and blogging. It's roughly in the same place as last time, on my left foot, on the inner edge, sub bunion (mmmmm). I'm blaming this one on my new shoes which, even though they are the same brand, model, and size as my last ones... seem to be a bit bigger and wider in the toe box.

Anyway. I had quite a bit of pain after I popped the last one (again... mmmmm), so I sought advice via the internet, of course. Apparently, you're not supposed to pop blood blisters due to the risk of infection. I'm pretty sure that's what happened last time. So, I'm leaving this one be. I also developed a regular blister on the underside of my foot between my big toe and second toe. Weird - that's never happened before. I blame my mother for my cursed feet.

Still, I had a pretty good run today, considering it was a treadmill run. It was just too damn snowy, oh yeah... and windy. I hate wind. Have I mentioned that? I've been trying to make peace with the wind, but today I just wasn't feeling it. So off to LA Fitness I went.

If conditions had been more favorable, I would have ran the drives so I set out to run 8.5, just as if I were on the drives. At this point, I know every inch of the drives so well that I can pretty much visualize where I'd be, based on what the treadmill distance gauge measures. I like that.

Felt like an easy 8.5 miles, surprisingly. But like automatic car unlocker-doohickies and ATM deposits, I just don't trust treadmills. I wonder how accurate they are. According to the treddy, I was running sub 8:30 miles for all but the first two miles. I'm hoping that it was accurate, that I really can sustain that pace and feel pretty dang comfortable - except, of course, for the two blisters developing along the way.

No comments: