Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Somehow it wasn't as bad as I thought

You know it's bad when you're fighting to stay awake during a therapy session at 3pm. Luckily I think I managed to fake wakefulness pretty well. Yes, it was a beautiful fall day... a nice one for running... with one exception. It was windy... one of my most hated weather conditions. The Weather Channel said the winds were blowing at 18mph, gusting to above 30.

I called Seebo for a pep-talk. He wasn't immediately available, but his return call was, lets just say, less than inspiring. Now I'm sure I'm interpreting this a bit liberally... but it was something along the lines of "Get yer fat arse out the door!". No, of course, Seebo isn't THAT stupid... he didn't say that.

A nap sounded much better, but somehow... despite being tired and wind-shy... I made it out the door and headed to Tinicum for yet another trip around the lower loop. Yes, it was windy - so much so that I had that running-in-place feeling much of the time. But, as the title suggests, it wasn't all that bad. My legs felt pretty fresh and my lungs felt kind of actually good. Huh.... who knew?

I've long since given up trying to figure out when a run will go well and when it won't. I almost wanted to start timing my runs again....... I said almost.

No comments: