Sunday, October 26, 2008

Art Museum

Its been a while since I've run the drives and given that it was such a beautiful fall morning, how could I resist? Of course there was some sort of regatta silliness going on and possibly a 5k run or something, making for nearly mob-like conditions. Luckily the parking gods smiled upon me (I had a weird feeling they would) and I found a spot across the street from Lloyd Hall.

It was one of those autumn mornings where it is crisp and sunny, making me unsure whether to wear warmer clothing. I was later glad that I left the long sleeves behind. I wasn't sure how this run would go. I haven't run more than six miles since late August. Most of my runs have been around four. Still, I wanted to run the drives and I figured that one way or another I'd get myself around the loop.

Not surprisingly, it was slow going the whole way around. I averaged about 9:10 miles which is a bit humbling, but I was really more focused on getting in the distance and trying not to feel too beat up.... Oh yeah, and enjoying the beautiful day. I've been having a bit of back pain recently and I found myself stopping to stretch my back out a few times as I made my way around the loop. I NEED to strenghten my back more. I really do not want a repeat of last June's torture.

So, I ran 8 of the 8.5 miles of the loop (73:15) and was happy enough with that. The best part of the run was stretching by the Lincoln statue and watching happy dogs chase frisbees and each other.

No comments: