Thursday, May 1, 2008

Keeping my fitness

I've been taking a nice little rest since last Sunday. My legs were pretty sore for a few days following the Lehigh Valley half. This morning, was my first run and really, my first return to exercise since then. I meant to run yesterday morning, but a late Salsa night squashed that plan.

I set out to do my usual West Philly loop and felt pretty good. I noticed some soreness in my calves, but this wasn't the same as the tightness/soreness that has plagued me in weeks past. This was more just residual soreness from charging the Lehigh hills last Sunday. Ok, ok, so 'charging' is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.

I did bring my watch, but now I forget what my time for the loop was. I know that I was running on the faster end of my usual pace - so probably around an 8:30 pace on average. Really, this morning was about shaking out the cobwebs and priming the pump for Sunday. I'll probably go to the gym tomorrow morning and throw around some iron - just so I keep that buff feeling.

Rain, rain stay away for Sunday!

1 comment:

Maggie Mae said...

Best of luck Sunday!!! If all else fails, just lay down and roll. :-)