Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tinicum.... yes, again... you'd run there too if you lived close by

I guess it's still a little early for the Tinicum Turtles, but that didn't stop me from looking hard for them during my morning run. I didn't see any dug-up spots where they might have already laid their eggs. I wonder if somehow the eco-system of Tinicum is different this year, causing the turtles to change their breeding patterns. There has been a good deal of change in Tinicum over the past year - significant clearings, drainage, etc. I'll give it another few more weeks before I get too concerned.

Incidentally, this was my first run since Broad Street. I am still feeling soreness in my legs - mainly my left quad, but my calves too. Otherwise, the run felt good. I felt like I was keeping a decent pace, but wasn't pushing too hard.

I did the initial loop plus and out and back along the trail that connects the lower and upper loops. Ate a bunch of spider webs and counted nine or ten bunnies along the way - all adults. I'm sure the brazen adolescents will be out soon. A couple of deer were out as well.

5.6 in 48:41

2 comments:

ShoreTurtle said...

Funny title.

You're right, though. I think that we would run there if it was closer.

Maggie Mae said...

GOD WHAT A WEEK. Blah. Anyway...I didn't run Broad Street...so I don't have much of a report, but I loved yours!!! :-) And yes! Now we rest! (or however we define that...)