Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well, Hello There Summer...

You're a little early, but that's okay. It's always nice when you can actually SEE the humidity. Steamy, I think, would best describe the conditions this morning. I met Amy (!!!yeah!!!) at Falls Bridge at 8am this morning for a fun-filled jaunt around the loop. Temps were already in the mid 70s at that point and it was just getting to that part in the morning where the sun is strong enough to burn through the haze.

We took our time, which was smart, and solved each other's life problems along the way - as is our usual routine. Once we reached the Art Museum we agreed to do a 1/2 run, 1/4 mile walk thing to preserve our energy and keep Amy's head from popping off. (She was worried it would. I assured her I'd do my best to catch it.)

The Dragon Boat races were today. Amy's friend Lee/Leigh is the captain of the Tsunami Dragons, so we made sure to catch up with her after her first race. Amy decided to stay and hang with Lee/Leigh while I finished the loop - running the remainder of the way. (And, no, Amy, I still don't hate you for abandoning me.)

As always, it was a treat to run with Amy. Of course, without her for that last mile and a half, I put the pressure on myself to pick up the pace. And, really, I just wanted to be done at that point. My goal for the day was to run for an hour - which I accomplished just as I dropped off Amy. So that extra mile and a half or so on top of that were just gravy - which was fine with me.

Ran for a 72 minutes. Unsure of the miles covered.

1 comment:

CakeStar said...

It's always a treat when you slow down to catch up with me! Had a fun time this weekend, thanks!