Friday, April 25, 2008

Home

I'm getting spoiled by all of this beautiful weather. It's been so perfect for running - cool, but sunny... temps in the mid 50s. This morning was no exception. I woke up a bit before my alarm and just lay in bed listening to the chorus of birds.... the call of Tinicum. This is my second spring running there and it truly does feel like home.

So out I went. My last run before Allentown. I left the watch at home and didn't even entertain the idea of the iPod. I knew this was going to be an easy run - just the initial loop (interesting part, then boring part). I felt good; I had energy; no nagging aches or pains. This, I thought, is how running should be.

Funny thing about today's run... the interesting part was not so interesting. Of course it was beautiful and it was interesting to note just how much the foliage had grown, narrowing the path. I suppose its still too early for the turtles to be laying their eggs - a few more weeks. And yet, almost as soon as I set foot on the 'boring part', I spotted one of the first Tinicum bunnies of the season. Along that stretch, I'd see about seven or eight, in total. All adults - but I know that, too, will change soon. At one point, I felt like I was watching a rabbit relay. No sooner would one scurry down the trail and dart into the brush when another would appear to run the next leg. I could almost swear I saw them passing off a carrot to one another. And, of course, a few memebers of the official Tinicum track club were out and about.

Simply a beautiful morning and I was glad to be home.

No comments: