Saturday, April 12, 2008

Need to hit the reset button

Had to be in Plymouth Meeting early on Friday morning. I didn't have time to run in the morning, so I delayed it until the afternoon. I ran the same West Philly loop that I've run on numerous occasions now - though I usually run it in the early morning hours as opposed to rush hour on Friday afternoon on a beautiful sunny day. Lots of folks out and about enjoying the warm weather and sunshine. As I was running by/through a frat party of sorts - some young college guy trying to be funny ran along side me for a few paces, offering his beer as refreshment. Of course I took it (no, I didn't drink any) and ran with it for a few paces - much to the delight of his buddies. I handed it off to another frat boy a few paces down the block. Don't know what became of the beer after that. It was a nice, full Corona. I should have drank it.

I'll just say it - I felt like crap during this run and stopped to walk on a few occasions. No tightness in my calves or anything like that. I just felt really, really tired and short of breath. It was frustrating. I haven't felt quite right on my runs in a week now - ever since my fall. Maybe my system got jarred when I fell last Friday. Something ain't right. I feel like I need to reboot - or hit the reset button, or something like that.

Got my long run on tap for Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

Ran for a total of 41 minutes. Can't say anything about the distance - I'll guess about 4.5.

No comments: