Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Suddenly Spring

Set out this morning around West Philly again. Beautiful morning. I so do not miss the cold and the wind from just last month. Seems like ages ago at this point. This being my 34th spring season on Earth, you'd think that I'd be accustomed by now to how quickly the grass grows, how instantly the leaves seem to appear on the trees. But every year it amazes me and catches me somewhat off guard. This morning I found myself marveling at the sudden appearance of life. I thought about Tinicum and that I should be running there today. Friday... for sure.

After running the 5k this weekend, I think my body was still in fast-runner mode and my first mile came in pretty fast for me - about 8:13. I tried to slow it down a bit, but my body just wanted to go, go, go. I felt good today... not like one of those I could run forever days, but still.... no maladies to report. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to be true on Sunday as well when I run Lehigh.

Cut the route a little bit short today (5.1 vs 5.4), after all, this is my taper week. I'll run the initial loop of Tinicum this Friday - and hopefully spot some turtles and bunnies... and then I'll rest up for Sunday.

5.1 in 43:10

1 comment:

Maggie Mae said...

Hi! yeah, good luck Sunday! Any ideas on where to meet up? I'm not familiar with the set-up...and your doing Broad Street the next week? Your a trooper!