Monday, July 28, 2008

Art Museum Loop

Ran the Art Museum loop yesterday morning... not as early as I would have liked, but for good reason. I haven't run this loop in a little while - certainly pre-back-injury. I'm glad to be getting my weekly mileage back in the normal range. I need to be doing a better job of building my core strength so I don't have to endure any more of these setbacks.

This was the farthest I've ran in over a month and I was a bit surprised and disappointed in how difficult it was. I can blame part of it on the heat/humidity, but probably not all of it. I walked for a quarter mile somewhere in the sixth mile of the loop. I was just tired and overheated.

I kept a fairly consistent 8:45 pace throughout the run and I was satisfied with that.

8 miles in 70:15

No comments: