Friday, July 25, 2008

Back in the WP

I've been slacking a bit with keeping up the blog entries. I ran Wednesday... 4.5 on the treddy in 39:03. Nothing notable to report.

This morning I was back on familiar territory, outfitted in my cute new skort (birthday compliments of my friends Stacey and Scott). It's been a while since I've roamed the streets of West Philly. As I was dressing and trying to motivate myself for the run, I found myself looking forward to revisiting some of the old sights and sounds of the city.

A beautiful morning ... one of those rare summer mornings where the humidity has relented a bit. I was even able to enjoy a breeze or two. While I wouldn't call the route I ran hilly, per se, it certainly isn't flat. I was eager to see how I would do. I won't lie, I was tired. I contemplated stopping here and there. I cursed the traffic lights for being too cooperative and not allowing me the excuse to pause.

Overall, though, I felt good and am truly feeling like I'm getting back to normal, whatever that means.

5.15 in 45:02

***Oh yeah.... I totally forgot to add that I ran twice while in Denver visiting my family. I ran Saturday the 22nd at Green Mountain for about 40 minutes in the blazing sun... yes, it was hilly. Monday I ran three one mile loops around a lake. The first and third loop were with my sister at her pace. I did the second loop solo and was disappointed that, despite my effort, the mile came in at 8:40. Must be the altitude ;)

No comments: