Sunday, July 13, 2008

Je me souviens

No... today's post has nothing to do with Quebec. It has to do with me remembering what it's like to run. Sure, I've done a few 2 mile jaunts here and there since hurting my back, but today I did a whole five miles. I couldn't help but note that five used to be a typical weekday distance for me. Now, today, it's my long run.

The time it takes me to cover five miles allows ample time for reflection on what I like and what I don't like about running. Given the late afternoon hour of my run, I opted for the cooler indoor confines of the treddy. Started off easily... first two miles were at a 9 minute pace. The last three were progressively faster with the last mile probably being a bit below 8:30 pace. Everything felt fine, I'm happy to report, though I could definitely feel that this was twice as far as I've run in the last three weeks.

Not much else for me to say about this run. It helped me/my body remember what it used to do on a regular basis, though it was not in and of itself a memorable run. And, of course, as I was nearing the 5 mile mark - I was at about 4.8? - my headphone cord became entangled with the emergency stop switch... bring my run to a premature halt. Of course, running 4.8? miles would never due when I planned to run 5. So I cranked up the treadmill again and did another .40 miles just for good measure.

Call it 5.25 miles in 45 and change.

No comments: