Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Out and Back

Felt surprisingly good during my run this morning considering that I woke up feeling pretty bad. The Advil fairy came to my rescue and kept me from blowing off the day's run entirely.

I did an out and back route along Tinicum's boring part. I knew from walking the loop a few weeks ago that the interesting part was well overgrown. Plus, I wanted to keep my mileage at about four miles since I'm still sort of taking it easy on my back.

Much of the boring part parallels I-95 (which is part of what makes it boring). The 1 mile sign for the Prospect Park exit is about two miles from my house, so I set that as a goal for my turn around point. Once I reached that point (about 16:30 into the run), however, I decided to keep running until 18 minutes and then turn around. Don't ask me why I chose 18 minutes... I just did. Point is... I made it back to my original start point in 17:10, so I felt good about picking up the pace a bit for that second half.

Not sure of the exact distance... call it 4.25 in 35:10.

No comments: