Sunday, June 3, 2007

Club Red

In a futile attempt to beat the heat, Amy, Stacey, and I met at Lloyd hall at 7:30 this morning. We all agreed that the goal would just be to do the loop and not be SPRNTC about it. So we started off slow and just enjoyed some conversation... discussing dating, kids, exes, etc. We also decided that it would be a good idea to form a Redhead Running Club, since the three of us are, in varying shades and textures, proud redheads. Of course, we quickly decided that it would be a "natural redheads only" club. In thinking about a name for the club, I suggested the team name we have for the Monk Run next Friday - the Red Rovers.... but now I'm also considering Club Red, I kind of like that too.

After crossing over the Falls Bridge, I think we all felt a little better, knowing that we were already past the halfway mark and noticing a slight headwind that helped to cool us off. We made it back to Lloyd Hall in just under 80 minutes which wasn't too bad considering that we started out quite slow.

Again... another enjoyable run with friends and I felt really good (physically) at the end of the run. Don't tell anyone, but I was actually feeling like running a bit more. But now I'm home with a belly full of frosted mini wheats, strawberries, and soy milk... I don't think there's any more running on tap for the day - especially since it's only getting hotter out there. But a bike ride or a hike to see the turtles again.... maybe.

No comments: