Sunday, June 24, 2007

Flying solo

I really need to stop drinking on Saturdays. But, really, I couldn't help myself yesterday with good company, good wine, and more good wine. At least getting up this morning wasn't as bad as last week. The drinking had ceased several hours before bedtime and I was better about imbibing liquids that might actually hydrate me (though I'm not sure Fresca counts).

Headed out shortly before 8am to do the Tinicum figure eight. Amy is on the injured list at the moment with her hip acting up again, so today I flew solo. She and I attempted this route last week with not so much success. Today was much better despite my alcohol consumption. I kept waiting to hit the wall like I did last weekend, but it just didn't happen. I felt okay. Heck, I even felt good at times. Of course it was considerably cooler and much less humid, so I know that helped as well.

Not too much going on at Tinicum today. The usual suspects: several rabbits, a mouse or two, one box turtle, and lots of birds. A beautiful Oriole flew slowly past me. As I was running the second loop of the figure eight, I saw several photographers - some with real serious looking cameras and impressive lenses congregated around the bridge that spans the lake. I'm not sure exactly what they were photographing. Perhaps the amazing Pipsquack bird.

Just a good day to be out and running. I didn't mind being solo as it gave me a chance to reflect on the many blessings in my life right now. Yesterday I celebrated with wine; today I celebrated with running. Life is good. 9 miles in 82 minutes.

No comments: