Friday, June 29, 2007

Grumpy

Friday now means track day. I decided "officially" today that I don't like going to the track. I had suspected this for a few weeks now. But now it's official. As I wove my way through the gates and made my way onto the track, I kept having the thought "I don't want to be here." But I was there and so I set out to do what I came to do - 2 x 200s, 2 x 400s, last 200 for s&g. My right quad is still sore (even as I sit here and write this) from Salsa Tuesday night. That I don't get... maybe I strained it. I feel like Seebo when I go down the stairs. It ain't pretty.

Enough with the excuses, here's how it went down: 200s both at 50... the second about half a second faster than the first. The 400s: 1:54 and 1:49. The last 200 - just under 50 seconds. I felt frustrated today. I still feel like the 400s are essentially an unknown quantity to me. I guess that will change if I keep doing them.... if being the operative word.

I was glad when it was over and glad to run home. The usual 5+... not sure of the time overall.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Silly woman, anyone who *likes* going to the track isn't running their intervals hard enough.