Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I could have....but I didn't

... run outside, that is. In case you haven't noticed.... it's been raining for going on three days now. I don't mind the rain too much, but just didn't feel in the mood to get drenched. So, yes, another treddy day.

I've shifted my runs a bit this week to accomodate some weekend plans. Normally I don't run on Tuesdays - or if I do, it's only for two miles after my spin class. My legs were noticably tired from Sunday's run so I took the first two miles fairly easy - first mile around 9:25 pace, second mile a little faster - 9:1? pace. From there I picked up the pace a bit - didn't keep track of the splits for the other miles, but my average pace was 8:44 for six and a half miles.

In the past two or three weeks I've been cognizant of my stress fracture - the beast that's been haunting me for years now. I'm chalking it up to the fact that I've been putting in more miles each week and I'm trying to run faster too. I expect it will adjust/adapt in time.

No comments: