Friday, October 26, 2007

Holding pattern

I made good on my promise to schedule my PT appointment. I'm all set for next Friday. Of course, since nothing is ever as easy as it should be, I learned that the PT my doctor wants me to see is not part of the capitated PT center that my crappy HMO (Keystone Healthplan East) wants me to go to. Fortunately for me, though, the PT guy (Keith Wobeser) was very nice about it and agreed to work with me a bit on the cost. Very sporting of him.

This morning I was not feeling like dealing with the cold and rain, so I hamster wheeled it. There isn't really much for me to write about the run. Five miles in 43:30. I want to run more, but I'm trying to be a good girl and continue to follow 'orders' to reduce my mileage. Hopefully once I get PT underway, I'll be given the green light to resume my regular running schedule. But for now, I'll hold steady.

I am definitely still in a funk with this whole hip thing. I'm frustrated that there is no definitive answer for what is going on. As I've been easing back into the running, the pain is still there. My first run back wasn't bad, but I can tell that it's getting a little bit worse each time I run. Of course, it's not stopping me. While I am frustrated by the whole thing (and the limitations it puts on me), I am thankful that I am still able to run a bit.

No comments: