Friday, October 5, 2007

Run of the (tread)Mill

I went to the gym after work and ran on the treadmill. 6 miles in 52:16. The end.

No..... That's too easy. But really, how much can be said about a treddy run? First mile was slow-ish - over 9 minute mile. Second mile a little, but not much under 9. Did tempo pace for miles three and four and part of five. Slowed it down a little for the last one and a half. The only thing that made this workout a bit different was that I added more incline than usual throughout the run.... not so much during the tempo parts, but more so in the beginning and at the end.

I felt good cardiovascularly. It's just the damn hip. I really feel like I'm doing it no favors, especially when I run at tempo pace. Of course that doesn't stop me. One week until I see the doctor. I'll pay my co-pay of $20 or whatever it is so he can tell me to stop running so I can ignore him.

No comments: