Friday, December 21, 2007

Brisk Tinicum Morning

Just a quick post, as I'm only going to be here at work for a few hours before jetting off to Denver to hang with the FamDamily for the holidays.

Ran the same Tinicum/neighborhood route that I ran a few days ago. The mud had pretty much dried out, but there were a few obstacles on the path (in the form of downed trees/shrubs) that I had to negotiate. It was kind of funny how surprised I was by these 'changes' in the trail. Considering it is 'nature', after all, and the one constant in nature is change.

My legs felt a bit tight today and I had a weird tightening/numbness in my left forearm that crept up on me and hung on for about ten or fifteen minutes after my run. It's fine now. The run was okay. I felt like I was working hard. Again, I had those thoughts of easing up because I felt like I am still doing that thing where I'm more worried about running a good time than I am of actually enjoying the run. Guess it paid off in a way, though, as I ran the route about a minute and a half faster than I did last week.

Not sure what Denver holds for me in terms of running. I'll definitely get out there, but I'm such a wimp when it comes to hills and that's about all there seems to be around those parts!

5.1 in 42:25

No comments: