Sunday, December 2, 2007

Off Day

A cold, rainy winter's day.... making my decision to hit the gym an easy one. My left quad and knee were aching this morning after some serious salsa exercises yesterday. I tried to stretch it out before running to help the matter. This, combined with not such great dietary choices in the last several days made for a difficult time on the treadmill. I knew I wouldn't make it as far as I would have ideally liked (something around 9), but I was hoping to at least make it to six miles. I am also noticing some resurgence in the hip pain - probably due to the fact that I blew off PT last week and have not been such a good girl about my exercises.... see what happens when I start to make progress? I think it's all okay and I start to slack. Hopefully today will serve as the wake-up call I need to stay focused and on track.

Somehow I slogged through eight miles. The iPod was not as cooperative today - playing some of my less inspiring music.... had me seriously considering creating actual playlists rather than just putting it on shuffle. I felt pretty down on myself for having such a difficult run that ultimately fell short of what I wanted to accomplish. I try to keep it in perspective and keep in mind that now is a good time to have off days since there are no races on the immediate horizon.

Now - over two hours post run, my quad is still really sore and something isn't right with my knee. Just feels like salsa soreness though - and nothing more than that.

8 miles in 68 and a half minutes.

No comments: