Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Pitfall



I don't know why I'm so resistant to running some mornings. I didn't even have the cold to complain about as it was a balmy 54 degrees when I set out around 7am. I felt pretty good on the half mile jaunt to Tinicum and was looking forward to a good, quick run around the initial loop. However, when I got to the 'interesting' part of the loop, I quickly realized that I would be better served being sure of foot, rather than swift. I was reminded of that cool 80s video game, Pitfall, except there were no alligators, scorpions (that I saw), or gold.. but there was plenty of mud and I did worry about about falling. I didn't fall, but I did have several Scooby-Doo moments - you know where your feet are moving, but there's no traction and you're not going anywhere.

I tacked on a little bit at the end to give me just over 5 miles.

5.1 in 43:50.