Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ciabatta or Bust


Today it took me almost 80 minutes to get a sandwich from the WaWa half a mile up the road. I guess you could say I took the long way. What might be more accurate might be to say that I did a destination run, or rather, a reward run. The reward being one of the most scrumptious sandwiches in the WaWa line-up.

In planning my neighborhood route for today's run, I wasn't originally planning on hitting the Wa at the end, but like so many great ideas, this one just came to me out of the blue. Inspired, really.

Anyway.... so the run itself was pretty good. I consciously wanted to take it easy today to try and regain some of the joyfulness of running that I seem to have been losing as of late. Since I've grown accustomed to Tinicum, the Drives, and the treddy, I knew that some of the hills on today's route would present a challenge. My goals were to take things fairly easy and just try to enjoy the run and to make it up the hills without feeling like death. And I was rewarded for my somewhat cautious approach... the run felt good, the hills were a challenge (yet, doable), and at the end of the run, I didn't feel toasted (unlike my Ciabatta, which is nice and toasted).

So now, my blog entry is done... and so is my delicious Ciabatta... yum. Unlike the picture above, I opted for the Build-Your-Own variety, which I had made with turkey, BBQ sauce, roasted peppers, Swiss cheese, and lettuce. I dare say it was as close to Ciabatta perfection as I have come in a long time.

9.15 in 1:19:26. Cool down of a half mile from WaWa to home - Ciabatta in hand.. untimed.

No comments: