Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I can live with that

Just a quick blog entry today as the forces of evil (aka: my employer) continue to load on the work. Merry Christmas.

Had an early morning PT session - which is close to my gym, so that's where I did my running today. I didn't feel great - my biorhythms must be on the down slope, but it wasn't horrible. Hip pain is still there, but tolerable. I don't know whether or not I'm fooling myself, but sometimes I think the pain has changed a little bit - migrated a little to a slightly different place in my hip. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

After my run, I did some stretching and noticed a small white plastic/shiny metal object sitting on a table. I quickly determined that it was a body fat measuring device. Ever since Seebo had his numbers run by his coworker, I've been curious about mine. No woman really wants to know what her body fat percentage is, but curiosity got the best of me.

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to just pick this device up and use it, but I figured if anyone minded, they could say so. Being the quick study I am, it didn't take me too long to figure out how the gadget worked. When I got my number, I didn't know what to make of it. (And, no, I will not divulge what it was). So, of course, I Googled "body fat percentage" and looked at several sites. Naturally, different sites had different ranges of what was normal, "good", "bad", etc. But overall, it seems that my number is slightly below the normal range for "normal" women and towards the upper end of the range for "athlete women". Okay... I can live with that.

5 miles in 41:26

No comments: