Friday, December 7, 2007

Dum-Dum Est Morte


Had a rough night last night, so I knew there was little chance I'd get out the door this morning for a run. I let myself sleep in a bit and packed some running stuff.... I packed for both indoor and outdoor running, since I didn't know what the day would bring. I'm glad I did that as I was at work later than I had expected. So, here I am, writing about yet another treadmill workout. I was really hoping to go down to the drives this afternoon, but it wasn't in the cards. A treddy run is better than no run at all.

I must have climbed on the same treddy as I did a few days ago because a mile and three quarters into my run, it shut down again. I think it would have restarted, but I decided not to press my luck and hopped on the neighboring one. Unfortunately, I lost my time for that mile and three quarters.... I know my initial warm up mile was 8:53, but the 3/4 mile time is lost to me. I know it was a quicker pace, but can't really say what it was.

When I moved over to the next machine, I felt like the calibration was different. Not sure whether the other treddy was fast or this one was slow.... it just felt different and now I'm deeply skeptical of the accuracy of treddies in general. Anyway, I felt pretty good during the remainder of my run. I was right when I wrote on Wednesday that I feel like I'm on the other side of my running funk.... still not back to feeling 100%, but much better than I was. The remaining 4.25 miles of my 6 mile run came in just under 35 minutes... a good sub-tempo pace for me.

A note about the title of this blog entry.... recently, my pet beta-fish, Dum-Dum passed away. He had been with me for over a year and I was a bit surprised he made it that far. Of course I feel somewhat responsible for his passing. He was a good fish... never complained when I took my sweet time cleaning his home. He appreciated that I used bottled water for his bowl and was never rude to guests. I will miss you Dum-Dum; I hope I was good to you.

No comments: