Thursday, January 24, 2008

For the Record

I didn't start this blog to use it as a place to kvetch and complain, so I'm not going to do that other than to say that my run today sucked. I was going to make this a very spartan entry, but Seebo encouraged me to be a bit more detailed in my chronicle if for no other reason than to have a record of it for future reference.

So I ran on the treadmill today - it was difficult. It took a lot for me to make it to five miles. At four, I was done, but I kept pushing and made it to five. This is discouraging.

I had some what I perceived to be tightness in my lower calves (soleus perhaps) on Saturday after my long run, particularly in my left calf. This feeling remains a bit - again, mainly in my left calf. Also notable is my 'old stress fracture' on my right leg (inside about 2/3rds of the way down the tibia); gentle rubbing on this area produces pain.

So there, I documented it.

5 miles in 42:31

No comments: