Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reality Check - Part Deux

I'm trying not to get discouraged, but it is difficult sometimes. Following all the stuff with my hip, I was getting back on track nicely and feeling good. And then the holidays came and I went with them - eating too much and exercising too little. Now that things have quieted down, I guess I just expected to pick up where I left off. Not happening the way I want it to.

I've changed my routine a bit since I ran long on Saturday. Yesterday, I ran on the treadmill - mainly because it was early and dark. I planned to do five or six, but quickly realized it just wasn't happening. Nothing felt good; my legs still felt a bit tired from the weekend run. I settled on running four, but then talked myself into hanging on for a bit longer and making it an even 40 minutes of running.

4.54 in 40 minutes. Slowly trying to get my mojo back.

No comments: