Thursday, January 31, 2008

R(eba) & R(est)

Two things that typically not go well together. After my run on Monday I decided that I need to do a better job of listening to my body. My left lower calf gave me so much pain on Monday, I decided not to run on Wednesay. In the interest of full disclosre - the forecast for Wednesday morning of cold, rain, and winds in excess of 22mph also had something to do with me not running.

This morning I headed to the gym to try a little running and if that didn't work out, well, at least I could do the eliptical machine and some weights. I consciously kept it to about a 9 minute pace and for about two miles, it felt okay... not great, but totally managable. Things started to tighten up more and more and the pain started to increase, so I stopped after three miles. I took some extra time to stretch afterwards. Now, a few hours later, it's feeling pretty good - which seems to be an improvement over the last time I ran. So, I'm feeling a little bit hopeful and trying not to let my frustration get the better of me.

I would love to do nine this weekend, but I'll be happy with twice around the lake, which will make for about six.

Patience... something the good doctor needs to learn.

3 miles in 26:45

No comments: