Monday, January 14, 2008

Hope

Calling for my soul
At the corners of the world
I know she's playing poker with the rest of the stragglers

These lyrics served as the undercurrent for today's run. It's a Tori Amos lyric, so make of it whatever you want... that's kind of how it works with her... and I'm not sure I could clearly articulate what this particular lyric means for me, but it captured something today. I've whined quite a bit in the last several entries about my running - mourning the loss of the fitness and vibe I had this past fall. I've been looking to reclaim that mojo and today, I felt like my call was answered - perhaps in a muted, echoing voice... but answered all the same. What I'm really trying to say here, simply put, is that I had a good run. I felt strong. I felt like once I got over the initial hump of the workout (whatever that is), nothing could get in my way. I pushed myself a bit during the fourth and fifth miles of my run and was pleased with how my body responded. There is hope.

6 miles in 50:08.

No comments: