Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let them eat crepes

A lazy morning spent sleeping in... that's how every Valentine's Day should start. Eventually, though reality came to call and I knew I had to get my run in while there was still time. So it was off to the gym for me - freshly equipped with my new Periwinkle Mizunos and a new pair of running shorts (come on... I couldn't just order the sneakers).

I'm very happy to report that all systems seem to be in good working order. I've still got a little while to go before I get my fitness level back to where it was, but that's okay. So long as my hip, calf, lungs, etc., etc. are working well, I can deal with a little loss of fitness. Hopefully that will come in time.

I started out the run at a 9 minute pace and then made each mile progressively faster. I messed with the incline here and there for the first two or three miles, but as I increased my speed, I left the incline alone. Sometimes I forget that earning fitness is hard work and that it's kind of painful sometimes. Just painful in the sense that I want it to be over and I want to be home eating crepes. But I know that if I push myself a little harder here and there that in the long run I'll be better off.

5.5 in 47:07

No comments: