Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Thoroughbred & The Draft Horse

This morning Seebo dragged me through the streets of West Philly into Delaware County to pay homage to The Tree. To say it was breezy would be a vast understatement. He pointed out that given our size difference, I could draft off of him. I tried it, but the wind was whipping pretty fiercely and in many different directions, so I'm not sure how much actual benefit I received... but I did enjoy the view.

Seebo will link to the actual route we ran, so if you're interested, check his blog. Basically, we wound through scenic West Philly, ran a lap around the amoeba track, and then followed a path that took us into Delaware County. I'm happy to report that the tree continues to be just as magnificent as ever.

This was a tough run for me. The wind was annoying and I never really felt like I got into my groove. I was tired and felt weak - which I'm partially attributing to the fact that I haven't eaten very much in the past few days. The calf felt pretty good, well tolerable at least, except on the couple of hills that we encountered. Then it felt like pain. I'd like to say that's the only reason I stopped to walk portions of both hills, but that wouldn't be entirely honest.

On the way back into town, we had a nice tailwind for a good part of the way and I was thankful for it. About 8.4 miles in 77:30.

No comments: