Monday, February 18, 2008

West Philly Ninja

0600 hours; twilight; an unusually balmy February morning; a lone Ninja patrols the streets as West Philly rouses from its slumber.

Okay,.... really it was me... just getting in a few miles. Seebo dubbed me a ninja based on my all black attire, but trust me, there was nothing stealthy or nimble about me this morning. This was my third consecutive day running. Yes, you read that right. Typically, I don't even run two days in a row; three in a row is unheard of. I just wanted to try to get back on my 'normal' running schedule (Mon, Weds, Thurs(optional), Sat), so running today would accomplish that goal.

All I wanted was to run about four miles and I'm pretty sure I did that. Given the fact that I'm not too familiar with routes to run in West Philly, I just made it up as I went along - through Penn campus, down to 34th or 35th, over to Chestnut, through the neighborhood, up to 49th, and then home again. I won't even bother to G-map it since I am sure I won't remember all the twists and turns. All I know is that I got out there and did what I set out to do and, perhaps for the first time, really felt what it was like to run on tired legs. 35 and change for about 4 miles.

No comments: