Sunday, February 17, 2008

Secret's Out

True to my promise to myself yesterday, I got in a few more miles today.... just a simple two out and two back along the boring part of Tinicum's initial loop. I ran out to the entrance of Tinicum with Seebo and bid him farewell as he set off for a long, tough run around the airport and back through Tinicum.

As I entered Tinicum, I was surprised to see two runners heading towards me. Seeing other runners there is a fairly rare occurrence, so you can imagine my surprise to see three other runners come down the path about five minutes after the initial two. Hmmm. I thought, perhaps, they were part of the same group as they were all in their early 20s (if that) and were wearing similar types of t-shirts, though I didn't take special note of what they said.

This run felt hard and I knew I wasn't going fast. I am not used to running two days in a row and I think my body was a bit confused. As my run progressed, I had that shin-splint pain/tightness on the anterior portion of my lower leg which got worse as I ran. Weird. Anyway.... I saw another group of three running around the one mile highway sign along the boring stretch. They fit the same demographic as the other runners and I imagined that they were from some local high school or college. As I exited Tinicum another runner passed on by... this time an older, grizzly looking trail runner type. While I'm happy to see that others are enjoying the beauty of Tinicum, I feel somewhat possessive and protective of her.

Two out in 17:19; two back in 16:49 - for a total of 34:08 (if I did my math right).

No comments: