Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Delco cruising

Ran through the Prospect Park/Norton/Glenolden neighborhoods this morning. Sounds like I covered a lot of territory, but in truth, it was just about five miles total. That's just how it is in Delaware County... little towns butted up against each other, one blending seamlessly into the next.

What a glorious morning. We really have been spoiled most of this month with cooler temps. I still fear that summer will return with a vengeance before the month is out, so for now, I'll quietly give thanks and hope that my rejoicing does not arouse the heat/humidity gods.

So, lately... when I've been running this particular neighborhood route... I warm up for the first two miles and then I run the third mile as fast as I can. I'm still not real good at gauging that stuff yet, but I think I'm learning. As I was running that third mile, I wasn't feeling too great and felt like I was kind of going slow. I was prepared to see that my time was above an 8 minute mile - which would have been a bit slow for what I've been averaging other weeks (right at 8 minutes or around 7:50). I was surprised and, of course, happy to see that I ran it in 7:43. Huh, who knew?

Total of 5 in 41:30

1 comment:

ShoreTurtle said...

I love the cooler weather lately. Do you have any Fall races lined up?