Friday, August 1, 2008

The Leverage of an Ice Cream Sandwhich


Yeah, yeah.... I'm sick of complaining about the heat too, but it feels like it's just always there... in the way. I don't know what's harder, getting out of a warm bed to run in the cold or getting out of a cool/air conditioned room to go run in the swampy mess of the first day of August. Both have their drawbacks, I suppose.

As is typical on days where I don't feel like running, I make little bargains with myself to ensure that I get out the door. This morning it was things like, "You don't even have to run if you don't want.. just get dressed and get out there and move... you can walk the whole time if you want" .... and, "You're going to regret not going because at happy hour tonight you'll probably eat and drink a fair amount."

Those thoughts were swirling around and helping (sort of) to motivate me and then I remembered that last night I had an ice cream sandwich. I didn't feel guilty about eating the ice cream sandwich (it was about half the calories of the Hagan Daas Ice Cream Bar), I just remembered thinking when I ate it last night that it would be fuel for this morning's run. And so then I was out of bed and getting dressed.

I didn't walk the whole WP Loop, though I did walk on two occasions. And, really, I didn't feel bad about it. I kept the pace easy because I knew I was tired. I've worked out every day this week and worked late three nights as well, so by now, I'm pooped. I'm looking forward to taking tomorrow off.

All in all, ran for about 42:30 minutes.... we'll call it about 4.5 miles.

1 comment:

seebo said...

and what about those of us who had Haagen Daz bars and didn't run?