Friday, May 25, 2007

I knew it was coming...

I'm starting to feel some blog pressure. I knew it would eventually come to this and I guess I'm actually a little surprised it hasn't happened already. Pressure to write something interesting, witty, insightful. Sometimes a run is just a run... a get-out-and-get-'er-done run. That was pretty much how it went today.

A late night out at the Mill Creek Tavern and other factors conspired to keep me in bed longer than I had intended (I feel like I write this a lot). I even thought about skipping the run altogether, but I knew there was no way I'd run later in the day as it's supposed to go up to 90 degrees. So I went out and ran around the neighborhood back streets of Prospect Park and Ridley Park and whatever is between.

Pointless to G-map it since I have no clue where I went.. but I ran for 45 minutes and there were a fair amount of rolling hills. Somehow I've convinced myself that doing these once a week rolling hills will prepare me for The Monk... don't mess with my delusion.

The best part of the morning (post run, that is) was the sourdough toast with fig-spread....Mmmm... and the three remaining fresh strawberries. Maybe I should make this a blog about food instead... I seem to get much more excited about that than running.

Seester is in town this weekend - going for her National rating as a lacrosse referee. I know less about ref-ing lacrosse than I do about track workouts (and we already know how little I know about that), but I'm excited for her as I know this is a big deal. She flies in tonight, but I won't get to see her in action until Sunday (up at Lehigh). Go Tammy!!!

1 comment:

seebo said...

What "other factors" would you be talking about?

I'm envious that you can now put "done" in front of "run". Seeking to do the same shortly.