Thursday, May 3, 2007

No parkin' on the dance floor

My allergies or cold or whatever it is has been making it really hard to get out of bed in the morning to do my usual workout stuff. Such was the case yesterday morning. I was planning on doing part of Tinicum, but a sore throat and stuffy head kept me warm between my covers. But I knew that if I missed a run yesterday, I would not feel happy, so I packed my gear and aimed to run after work.

Finding a parking spot at Lloyd Hall at 6:30ish on a beautiful afternoon/evening is no easy feat. There were lots of lurkers. Just as I was about to try to figure out a plan B for parking and/or running, I lucked out and found a spot. And finding a parking spot may have been the most momentous part of this run... I just did about 4.5 - out and back.

Lots of folks milling about. I spied quite a few Broad Street t-shirts which started to get me fired up for Sunday. My legs felt pretty good during the run - my right leg was tight, but dealable. I had more trouble with my breathing than usual, which I attribute to whatever is going on cardiovascularly for me right now. I was initially thinking it was allergies, but it's hung around a bit too long for that and I can now feel it in my chest. On the upside, I have a sexy, raspy phone sex voice. Not sure what good that'll do me on Sunday, but I'm planning on getting good rest between now and then. As evidence, I've already forfeited my salsa plans for Friday night. **Gasp** I know... it's serious when that happens.

Looking forward to the weekend. Amy and I are going to hang out Saturday night, do dinner, and have a pre-Broad Street sleepover. I made her promise not to tell scary ghost stories or dip my pinkie in hot water when I'm asleep.

No comments: