Sunday, November 11, 2007

Heavenly Day

What a beautiful fall day. Can you believe I was practically whining as I headed out the door for my run? I only wanted to do the figure eight loop, which would give me about eight and a half since I'm still kind of "on the mend"... so believe it or not, I drove the stinkin' half mile to and from Tinicum. I actually think this made a bit of a difference for me psychologically - it's just nice to not run that stretch of highway with the carbon-monoxide and the ever present road kill.

This was the longest I've run since the Delaware Distance Run. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel, so I made a deal with myself to take it at a reasonable pace and just try to enjoy the run. I felt pretty darn good throughout. After about five miles, I knew I was getting tired, but I still felt good. Towards the end - like the last two miles - I was still feeling good, so I did little fartleks here and there.

The hip wasn't too bad... even on the start up. Interestingly, while on a walk yesterday, it bothered me almost the whole time. Go figure.

Well, anyway.... it was a really good run and it was nice to know that even though I haven't run more than 6ish miles in over a month that I can still go out there and tear up Tinicum.

8.56 in 71:30

No comments: