Friday, November 23, 2007

Two-fer

I have ample excuses for not blogging... though I don't like that I've fallen behind on my entries. I ran on Wednesday and had all sorts of thoughts about what I'd say in my entry for that run, of course I've forgotten mostly all of them. I even knew what the title was going to be: I Heart Global Warming.... sort of. As you might recall, Wednesday was unseasonably warm. Originally, I had pants and a long sleeve shirt on, but as soon as I opened the door and felt the warm air, I turned right back around and changed into a tank top.

I made it out for my run somewhat later than is usual for me(due to a really, really late salsa night). Ran out to the track - did a mile at the track - and then headed home again. I felt okay... not great, but okay. There are a few 'hills' en route to the track, reminding me that hills are really something I should be adding to my repertoire. By the time I got out to the track, I was pretty warm and feeling kind of down about how much that last hill before the track kicked my butt. I did the mile at a comfortably hard pace - which turned out to be 7:48. Then, back home... and I enjoyed the downhills.

This morning, Scott, Sarah, and I headed out to try to undo some of the Thanksgiving damage. We did the initial loop of Tinicum. I expected to feel not so great with the food/wine hangover, but I felt pretty good. In contrast to Wednesdays run, it was quite cool (in the 30s or low 40s) with a good stiff wind. I was a little nervous running the interesting part of the loop. While the fall colors are beautiful, most of those colors are now in the form of fallen leaves on the trail - obscuring tree roots, rocks, and holes in the trail. Fortunately, all went well (my proprioception seems to be functioning pretty well).

I didn't worry about time during this run, as it was more about going out, post gluttony, and sharing Tinicum with Scott and Sarah. I felt good, though and felt like my pace was pretty quick... around tempo pace.

Weds - probably just shy of 5 miles in 40mins.
Friday - again, a little under 5 miles - and I'm not sure of the time.

No comments: