Friday, November 9, 2007

Hibernation

Okay, I'm starting to get the point that winter is here - or is, at least, very close. Given the warm days we had all through October, I've been reluctant to relent to the notion that it is getting colder outside - and the days are shorter than they were. Boo and Hiss to both of these things. As I thought about my run for today, I figured a hamster wheel jaunt was probably the way it would go since I wanted to get it done early.

As I climbed into my car to drive to the gym around 5:30, I had that cold and sleepy feeling that reminded me of doing just this very same thing last winter. That's pretty much when it hit me that, despite the Indian summer we had, winter is, indeed coming. I thought about the upcoming months of cold, possible snow, and darkness and all I wanted to do was crawl back into my warm bed to sleep. The hibernation instinct kicking in. But instead, I went to the hamster wheel.... which got me thinking.... Do hamsters hibernate? (Guess you'll have to click the link to find out).

Anyway... there isn't too much to write about hamster wheel workouts, at least for me. I had a bit less pain this morning as I started my run. Hopefully that means the PT is working.

5 miles in 43:05

No comments: