Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tedium

Wednesdays are horrible days for me to blog. I'm just too damn busy. Luckily, there isn't too much to say. Hamster wheel morning. Lately I can't seem to quite find my groove on the treadmill. I find that my stride feels different and I'm more prone to having shoulder pain while I run than if I'm running outside.

As far as the hip issue goes. It's still an issue. As bored as I am with dealing with it and writing about it, I'm thinking that it might actually be helpful to me (and my PTs) to keep better track of when I have pain and when I don't. I find that it's sporadic and fairly unpredictable - at least it seems that way - though, maybe if I track it better, I'll be able to see some sort of pattern.

Of course, it's always there when I start out on a run and today was no exception. I didn't have the more intense pain as badly during those initial 200 or so steps, but it did linger for about the first two miles or so before fading away (either due to adrenaline, me just ignoring it, or to it actually going away... I don't know). But I am noticing it more during times when I'm just walking during the normal activities of my day. Today, so far (late afternoon), it hasn't been bothering me at all (except for when I was running).

A boring 5 in 42:25

1 comment:

Maggie Mae said...

"lately I can't seem to find my groove on the treadmill".

Girl--the fact that you even TRIED the treadmill is amazing to me. Anyone who considers it is amazing...I know it's a necessary evil, but so is speedwork, and I don't do either. :-)