Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mindfull

A perfect fall morning for running - sunny skies, crisp air. I ran this route - mostly the initial Tinicum loop with a tiny neighborhood piece tacked on at the end to try to stretch it to five miles.

I've been good about keeping up with my PT, doing my exercises daily and trying to keep track of how my hip feels. The first 200 or so steps of my run this morning were definitely the worst - almost enough to make me not want to keep going. Almost, but not quite. Eventually, it did ease up.

Tinicum was quiet this morning. There was a fairly stiff headwind that was pretty constant, despite the fact that I was running a loop... reminded me of the drives. No wildlife to speak of. There were a lot of random thoughts tumbling around in my head during the run, though I can't put my finger on a single one right now. Mostly work related, life related... contemplating my future... that kind of thing.

The running felt pretty good, once the hip pain subsided. At some points during my run, I felt that my cardiovascular capacity exceeded my muscular ability to run faster. I don't know if this is common or not. I hate to say it, but it had me thinking that I need to do some hills and/or think about the track again. We shall see.

For now, though, I'm trying to focus on my rehab and count among my blessings that I am able to run.

5.07 in 43:15

No comments: