Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Post-Gluttony Penance

I hope everyone had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving weekend as I did. My brother and sister-in-law were in town from Thursday until Sunday evening. We managed to fit in a run on Friday (see last entry), but opted for some dance classes (specifically Bachata and Salsa) on Sunday instead of running. On the one hand, I did not miss lacing up for that long run... on the other hand, I knew that if I didn't get it in, I'd feel like a big bloated stuffing monger. So, since I had the day off yesterday (Monday), I decided I needed to do it. Of course, this decision only came after some whining about how cold and wet it was outside. Wah!

I have really no clue exactly how far I went, since I decided to forgo possibly encountering Tinicum mud puddles and opted instead for the mean streets of Delco. If I really, really wanted to, I could probably G-map it with some degree of accuracy, but I don't have the time or inclination to do so.

The run itself was just okay. I had some of the highly acclaimed Interpol on the iPod, which I liked and helped get me through most of my run. The hip felt pretty good. I really think the PT is doing some good!

I ran for exactly 77 minutes and given that it felt like a pretty quick, typical-tempo pace, let's call it a little over 9 miles.

No comments: