Sunday, July 8, 2007

Bunny and GrandPal's

Still in Indy.... still gorging on good heartland food. You really ARE what you eat, at least I am anyway. Polly and Todd have been physically restraining me and force feeding me chocolate cake, ice cream, and chicken fajitas. It's been pretty rough.

This morning when I awoke, there was a lot of stuff still going on in my tummy - and none of it was good. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out the door to run. It did take me a little while longer to get out the door, but eventually I made it. I had forgotten my watch, so as I prepared for my run, I created a playlist on my iPod that would last about seventy five minutes. Wasn't sure if I'd last that long, but I figured I'd aim high.

We were at Polly's parent's house this morning, which overlooks a lake and is a good running location. And by good, I mean flat. It really is a shame that I wasn't feeling better because I imagine if I were, I would have enjoyed the run a lot more. But as it was, my body was revolting. On top of the tummy troubles, my legs felt like cement. I thought of Luca Brazzi and how he sleeps with the fishes. A swim in the lake sounded good to me.

All in all, I ran for about an hour. I have no idea the distance. I suppose were I really motivated, I could g-map it, but nah. If I were at home, I would be disappointed that I did not run farther, but since I'm on vacation, I'm just glad I was able to get myself out to run twice in the four days I've been out here.

I head home later today. Not looking forward to returning back to the hustle and bustle of my real life.... work, work, work. I've already had two work dreams. Pretty sad, I know. It's been nice hanging with the girls. Ellen is making a nice 2nd breakfast for me even as I type. Gonna go play with the girls for a little while longer. I'll be sad to leave, but glad to be home and see my Seebo. I hope he is taking it easy today and not being a silly monkey (running G5k).

No comments: