Thursday, July 26, 2007

Stranger in a strange land

I didn't make it out yesterday morning for my run. I'll spare you the details, but it was a bad beginning to what turned out to be a pretty difficult (and busy) day. Heading out the door for work yesterday, I managed to bring along my running clothes, hoping to make it to the gym for a run after I finished with work. Wednesdays are late days, I run a group for adult sex offenders (wheeee!!!!) until 8pm.

True to my word, I made it to the gym and hopped on the hamster wheel. I'm unaccustomed to being at the gym in the evening, usually I'm done with my workout and leaving the gym before 7am. I know the early-riser crowd; I don't know the night owls. It was weird. I almost felt like I was violating some rule by being there at that hour.

My goal was to do at least five. And so I did... I did a total of 5.65 in 50 minutes. I threw a bunch of inclines in there too which felt like a good way to stretch my legs. It feels very different running at the end of the day versus the beginning. Not necessarily better or worse... just very different. I was glad to get my run in. I know I'm jinxing myself by saying this, but I haven't missed a run in over two months and I'd like to keep it that way.

No comments: